Spray Dryer Manufacturer in India
Shachi Engineering is a leading spray dryer manufacturer in India. Our plants are designed to serve demanding customer’s applications. Spray dryer helps to transform a liquid substance into a dry powder form by atomizing it into small droplets and then rapidly drying them using hot air. The resulting powder is then collected and can be used in a variety of applications, including food and beverage processing, pharmaceuticals, ceramics, and other industries.
Advantages of Spray Dryer:
Being a leading spray dryer manufacturer in India, our spray dryer delivers various advantages to customer’s like,
- Wide range of plant capacities – we can supply spray dryer plants with a wide range of capacities from small to commercial scale.
- Helps achieve constant powder quality throughout the entire journey of the feedthrough dryer.
- Provides continuous operation and adapts easily to fully automatic control.
- Our spray dryer plant suits for both heat-resistant and heat sensitive products.
- Can work with abrasive, corrosive, flammable, explosive or toxic feedstock; as long as they can be pumped
- Processes with feedstock in multiple forms – solution, slurry, paste, gel, suspension or melt form can be effectively dried using the Spray Dryer Process
- The process is able to control product density as desired
- This process can be utilized to produce nearly spherical particles as desired.
- Poses a lesser risk of corrosion as the material being processed does not contact the metal surface until dried.
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD)
Technology in Spray Drying:
Computational fluid dynamic (CFD) technology is increasingly being used in the field of spray drying to model and optimize the process. CFD simulations can help researchers and engineers understand the complex fluid dynamics that occur during spray drying, including heat and mass transfer, droplet evaporation, and particle formation.
By simulating these processes in a virtual environment, one can test different spray drying conditions and optimize the process for maximum efficiency and product quality. CFD simulations can also help identify potential issues and bottlenecks in the spray drying process, allowing for adjustments to be made before production begins.
Some specific applications of CFD in spray drying include:
- Modeling the fluid flow and heat transfer inside the drying chamber
- Predicting the droplet size distribution and evaporation rates
- Simulating the behavior of different types of particles during drying, including agglomeration and breakage
- Optimizing the design of the spray dryer, including the nozzle configuration and airflow patterns
Our Spray Dryer Plants are Designed to Give
100% Output Efficiency Guarantee:
Our continuous innovative approach and use of best-in-class technology truly makes us a leading spray dryer manufacture in India. Spray drying is a complex process, and there are several practical problems that can occur in industries during the process.
- Clogging of the nozzle: The nozzle used to atomize the liquid feed can become clogged due to the build-up of solids or other impurities, leading to reduced atomization efficiency and an uneven particle size distribution.
- Product degradation: High temperatures and long residence times can cause product degradation, leading to changes in colour, flavour, and nutrient content.
- Uneven drying: non-uniform drying can occur due to uneven particle size distribution or poor air flow distribution, leading to inconsistent product quality.
- Dust explosion: The high concentration of dry powder in the air can create a dust explosion hazard if ignited, leading to safety concerns in the workplace.
- Equipment fouling: The build-up of powder or other material on the walls of the drying chamber or other equipment can lead to decreased efficiency and increased maintenance costs.
- Product sticking: Some products may stick to the drying chamber walls or other equipment, leading to product losses and reduced efficiency.
Our spray dryer plants are designed considering all above practical problems and deliver 100% output efficiency. Our industry focused approach, customer first mindset and philosophy to work as a partner with customer’s makes us a leading spray dryer manufacturer in India.
Applications of Spray Dryer:
Spray dryer has numerous applications across a wide range of industries, including food and beverage processing, pharmaceuticals, ceramics, and other areas. Some common applications of spray dryer include:
- Food and beverage processing: Spray dryer is widely used in the food industry to produce powders from liquids such as milk, coffee, and fruit juices. These powders are used as ingredients in various food products, including soups, sauces, and bakery items.
- Pharmaceutical production: It is used to produce dry powders from liquid medications. This can improve their stability, increase their shelf life, and make them easier to transport and store.
- Chemicals and materials: It is used to produce powder from a wide range of materials, including pigments, polymers, and ceramics. These powders can be used as raw materials in various manufacturing processes.
- Environmental applications: Spray dryer is used to produce powders from waste streams, such as industrial sludge, that can be safely disposed of or reused in other applications.
- Nutraceuticals: Spray dryer is used to produce powders from natural extracts, such as herbal extracts and antioxidants, which can be used in the production of nutraceuticals and dietary supplements.
Overall, spray dryer has a wide range of applications in many industries. Its ability to transform liquids into powders with improved stability and other desirable properties has made it valuable equipment for product development and manufacturing.